Each spring, the Municipal Association accepts award entries from member municipalities. Winners will be honored at the Association's Annual Meeting.
Started in 1987, the program provides local government officials and employees the opportunity to receive deserved recognition for superior and innovative efforts in local government. The program also provides a forum for sharing the best public service ideas in South Carolina.
2022 Achievement Award winners
- Population 1,001 – 5,000: Town of Edisto Beach
- Population 5,001 – 10,000: City of Hardeeville
- Population 10,001 – 20,000: City of Beaufort
- Communications: City of Charleston
- Economic Development: City of Florence
- Public Safety: Town of Bluffton
- Public Service: City of Rock Hill
- Public Works: City of Aiken