Formed in 1930, the Municipal Association of South Carolina represents and serves the state’s 271 incorporated municipalities. The Association is dedicated to the principle of its founding members: to offer the services, programs and tools that give municipal officials the knowledge, experience and resources for facilitating the most efficient and effective operation of their municipalities in the complex world of municipal government.
VoicesFrom the very start of the Association in the early 1930s, South Carolina municipal officials understood that only by working together could they effectively communicate the needs and views of municipal government to state and federal lawmakers.
KnowledgeThe Association plays an important role in developing municipal elected officials’ and employees’ knowledge and skills through a wide range of training programs, publications and meetings.
SolutionsCities and towns face many of the same challenges, and can find solutions by pooling resources and ideas through the Association.
By supporting the Municipal Association of South Carolina as a sponsor, your organization is helping to support cities and towns, enhancing the resources and opportunities available to municipal staff and elected officials. The sponsorship year runs from January 1 through December 31.
In order to exhibit at the Municipal Association Annual Meeting, an organization must be a sponsor. The minimum level of sponsorship, the Patron level, does not include a booth, but you can add a booth when applying to become a sponsor. Gold and Platinum levels include booth space at the Annual Meeting if the sponsoring organizations request it.
Patron Sponsor | $1,000
- Complimentary copy of the Municipal Officials and Legislative Directory – One copy
- Complimentary subscription to the Uptown newsletter – One subscription
- Recognition in the Annual Meeting and Hometown Legislative Action Day meeting program, mobile apps and signage
- Recognition in the Municipal Officials and Legislative Directory
- Recognition on the Association’s website with a link to the organization’s website
- Recognition as a sponsor on company representatives’ name badges at the Hometown Legislative Action Day and Annual Meeting
Note: Patron sponsorship is the minimum sponsorship level required to exhibit at Annual Meeting. Exhibit booth space is available as an Add-on for $900.
Gold Sponsor | $5,000
Includes all of the benefits of Patron Sponsor, plus these benefits,
- Complimentary exhibit booths with special signage recognizing the organization’s sponsorship level at the Annual Meeting – One booth (The booth must be requested by the organization. Booth space is limited and subject to selling out.)
- Complimentary Annual Meeting registration – Up to two people
- Complimentary Hometown Legislative Action Day registration – Up to two people
Platinum Sponsor | $15,000
Includes all of the benefits of Gold Sponsor, plus these benefits,
- Up to two hotel rooms in the host hotel during the Annual Meeting (The Association makes reservations and company pays rates/fees.)
- Opportunity for brief remarks during the Opening Session at the Annual Meeting
- Recognition on table tents during the Delegates’ Lunch at the Annual Meeting
- One VIP seat with the event speaker and Association board of directors during the Delegates’ Lunch at the Annual Meeting
- Onscreen recognition during sessions of the Annual Meeting and Hometown Legislative Action Day
- Recognition from the stage by the Association president during the Annual Meeting
- One add-on opportunity sponsorship included (based on availability at the time of the organization’s sponsorship application)
Customize your sponsorship level with add-ons
Maximize your support by adding on additional opportunities to your sponsorship level. The add-ons directly support the Municipal Association of SC Annual Meeting and Hometown Legislative Action Day. These meetings put your company face-to-face with more than 600 municipal officials.
- Exhibit booth at Annual Meeting (included with Platinum Sponsor and Gold Sponsor levels) $900
- Co-sponsor Opening Reception (Two available) $5,000
- Continental break sponsor (Three available)$5,000
- Co-sponsor Awards Luncheon (Two available) $5,000
- Coffee, Cake and Cocktails Reception sponsor (One available)$5,000
- Conference bags (One available) $5,000
- Audiovisual sponsor (One available) $5,000
Hometown Legislative Action Day
- Audiovisual sponsor (One available) $5,000
- Continental breakfast sponsor (One available) $5,000
- Lunch sponsor (One available) $5,000
Participation as a Municipal Association of South Carolina sponsor shall not imply, nor be considered or presented as, an endorsement by the Association of any service or product provided by the company.
The Municipal Association of South Carolina executive director reserves the right, for cause shown, to disapprove an application, or terminate an existing participation. Partisan political organizations will not be permitted to become a sponsor. Submission of a commitment form does not guarantee confirmation of selection. A staff member from the Municipal Association will be in contact regarding specifics and invoicing.
Use of the Municipal Association of South Carolina logos, the acronym “MASC” and the organization name “Municipal Association of South Carolina” without the prior authorization and express written permission of the Association is prohibited by Association sponsors and exhibitors.
Sponsorship of, or Membership to the Municipal Association of South Carolina and/or any of its affiliate groups is not tax deductible as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes. Exhibit booth payment is nonrefundable.