The Small City Summit focuses on the specific needs and challenges of smaller cities and towns in South Carolina.
Thursday, July 27, 2023
SpringHill Suites Greenville Downtown, 200 E Washington St, Greenville, SC 29601
- 8:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. – Noon Educational Session
- Noon – 1:00 p.m. Networking Lunch
- 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Educational Sessions continue
Educational sessions will include:
- Law enforcement - changes and requirements
- Ethical requirements for elected officials
- Outsourcing - finance, IT, building inspection, contracting law enforcement
- City planning for small cities
- Business licensing
- Legal requirements - budgeting, audits, monthly meetings and more
The Small City Summit is a separate event from the Association’s Annual Meeting. Each event requires a separate registration and payment. The Small City Summit registration fee is $40 and includes lunch. The registration deadline is July 13.
Availability is limited and preference will be given to cities with populations of 3,000 or less.
If you require a hotel room while attending the Small City Summit and you are not registering for the Annual Meeting, you will need to make hotel arrangements on your own.
If you are attending both the Small City Summit and the Annual Meeting, your hotel room will be reserved during the Annual Meeting registration process that is handled by your city. You must register for the Small City Summit separately.