Loss Control Consultant
Come join a team where you will be valued while engaging in meaningful work supporting the cities and towns in South Carolina! Flexible work arrangements available.
Who We Are
Welcome to the Municipal Association of South Carolina. The Association is a nonprofit organization representing all of South Carolina's 271 cities and towns. The Association is dedicated to the principles established by the cities and towns that founded it: to offer the services, programs and products that will give municipal officials the knowledge, experience and tools necessary to operate efficiently and effectively in the complex world of local government.
The Association's staff works as a team to deliver top-notch customer service to thousands of municipal officials across the state. From the largest cities to small, rural towns, we strive to offer trainings, grants, risk management services, statewide legislative advocacy, resources and other services that help municipal officials govern smarter and better.
South Carolina hometowns, represented by the Municipal Association of South Carolina, bring value to our state as important building blocks in supporting economic growth and prosperity. Come be a part of the team.
To learn more about the Municipal Association and its programs and services, visit www.masc.sc.
What We're Searching For
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is accepting resumes for the position of loss control consultant for the Risk Management Services insurance programs. This position will provide technical support and professional consulting services in risk management and loss control analysis to members to minimize losses and manage necessary exposures. The position requires extensive in-state travel.
- Provides technical support and consultative services to Municipal Association members participating in workers' compensation (South Carolina Municipal Insurance Trust) and property/liability (South Carolina Municipal Insurance and Risk Financing Fund) insurance programs administered by the Association.
- Assists member cities and towns in developing effective safety and risk management programs and loss control capabilities within their organizations to help create safe working environments for employees and minimize the potential of claims from residents of municipalities; ensures solutions are in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations and other applicable safety standards and guidelines; and develops and conducts specific training based on the documented needs of individual Risk Management Services program members.
- Conducts assessments of member risk management programs and procedures through risk management guidelines and other tools; reviews members' records, manuals, procedures and training documentation; and determines levels of compliance and identifies deficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree or education and training equivalent to four years of education in insurance, risk management, business administration, public administration, public safety or a closely related field with four years of experience in safety or loss control administration. Public sector knowledge/experience is preferred.
- Must possess a valid SC driver's license.
- Demonstrated above average interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills, as well as written and verbal communication; experience developing and conducting training; demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; proficient in utilizing various software applications; strong awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality; and ability to balance multiple priorities.
Pay and Benefits Info: Competitive salary based on qualifications and excellent benefits package including South Carolina State Retirement and insurance. Flexible work arrangements available.
How to Apply: Visit the Municipal Association of SC Career Center. For more information about the Municipal Association of South Carolina, visit us online at www.masc.sc.
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.