Loss Control Manager
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is accepting resumes for the position of loss control manager for the risk management services insurance programs. This position will supervise the provision of technical assistance and professional consultative services for Risk Management Services to minimize losses and manage necessary exposures. The position requires moderate to extensive in-state travel. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervises the provision of technical support and consultative services to MASC members participating in worker's compensation and property/liability insurance programs administered by the Association. Directs and supervises assigned staff.
- Assists member cities and towns in developing effective safety and risk management programs and loss control capabilities within their organizations; researches and provides multiple sources of data, standards and best practices as a technical resource for members; develops and updates pool-specific risk management guidelines, procedures and management tools; and coordinates development and review of model policies for activities such as police, fire and public works.
- Develops and conducts specific training based on the documented needs of individual RMS program members. Conducts assessments of member risk management programs and procedures through risk management guidelines and other tools; reviews members' records, manuals, procedures and training documentation; determines levels of compliance and identifies deficiencies; analyzes overall member and pool loss information; reviews monthly loss data and claims from adjusters; and identifies trends and assists members in implementing recommendations developed from trend analyses.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in insurance, risk management, business administration, public administration or a closely related field and seven years of experience in insurance, safety or loss control administration. Experience in management and developing and conducting training is preferred. Public sector knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license
- Demonstrated above average interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem solving and customer service skills, as well as written and verbal communication; and proficient in utilizing various software applications. Strong awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to balance multiple priorities.
Competitive salary based on qualifications with excellent benefits package, including SC state retirement and health insurance.How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to Summer Randall at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For more information about the Municipal Association of South Carolina, visit www.masc.sc
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.