The Institute improves the professional and administrative skills of business licensing officials. Its three sessions include topics on general licensing, problem areas and personal development.
These are the newest BLOA Training Institute graduates:
- Rita Bruce, city clerk/treasurer, City of Landrum
- Daniel Cabral, assistant finance director, Town of Summerville
- Laura Culler, director of finance and administration support, Town of Chapin
- Yolima Earle, administrative clerk, City of Greer
- Brandi Hussmann, business licensing, Beaufort County
- Sherry Kempster, town clerk, Town of Clover
- Amy Knox, clerk trainee, City of Union
- Scott McDonald, business license official, Town of Summerville
- Paula Payton, municipal clerk, Town of West Pelzer
- Lonna Sodemann, revenue services specialist, Town of Hilton Head Island
- Kaylee Summerton, revenue analyst, Municipal Association of SC
- Dorota Szubert, finance director, Town of Kiawah Island
Additionally, Catrina Woodruff, deputy city administrator for the Town of Surfside Beach, received the Master in Business Licensing designation. The MBL is available to those who have earned their ABL designation and also achieved 50 experience points within the program during a seven-year period.