It's easy to be inundated with information. Cut right to the good stuff with these sources of timely information on topics specific to the cities and towns of South Carolina.
The Association offers a variety of ways for municipal staff and elected officials to stay connected and informed.
- City Connect Blog The City Connect blog provides weekly posts about legislative activity, court cases, commentary from guest bloggers and city success stories. The posts are short with links to deeper information on each topic.
- City Quick Connect Podcast City Quick Connect is an extension of the City Connect blog, giving listeners yet another way to get timely information. (Receive the latest episode of City Quick Connect podcast by visiting www.masc.sc (keyword: City Quick Connect) or subscribing in the iTunes Store.)
- From the Dome to Your Home The weekly legislative report is emailed to elected officials and city staff every Friday during the legislative session. It recaps the week's activity on bills affecting cities and towns, suggests action steps for local officials and previews the upcoming week in the General Assembly.
- Daily News The Daily News is an at-a-glance email available by subscription that offers a list of the most relevant news articles about municipal government from newspapers throughout the state.
- Uptown Update Every Monday, local elected leaders and staff receive this weekly e-newsletter. In addition to general meeting updates and other timely information, this email includes a link to the most recent edition of From the Dome to Your Home and City Connect blog post.
- Electronic version of Uptown Subscribers can opt out of the mailed version of Uptown and receive an email when the online version is available online.
- Listserves Members of the Association's affiliate organizations have access to listserves that allow them to network online with other members. There is also a listserve for city managers and another for public information officers. Subscribe to the listserves at www.masc.sc (keyword: listserve).
Elected officials and city staff can chose the subscriptions most useful to them by accessing their record in the Association's database. From the Association's website, click on the Member Login link in the upper right corner. Individuals who do not already have a profile will see directions on the login screen to gain access. Once in their profile, individuals can update their title and contact information, indicate their preferred mailing address and phone number, and provide their email address and social media account names.
From the My Profile section, individuals can manage their subscriptions to all e-newsletters and mobile alerts. All elected officials and city staff with specific roles automatically receive the monthly Uptown, weekly Uptown Update and From the Dome to Your Home. Other online resources from the Municipal Association are available by subscription.