Municipal Treasurer, City of Cayce
Position Category: Finance
Position hours: Full-time position, business hours
- Maintains central accounting and financial reporting systems for the City. Manages disbursements of city funds to include payroll and accounts payable. Assists in the examination of all accounts. Manages payment, reporting and reconciliation of all PEBA retirement and insurance matters.
- Assists with matters pertaining to accounting, cost allocation, budgeting, auditing, long-range planning and financial management. Assists the City Manager, Directors and Department Heads in developing the yearly budget, reviewing, evaluating and making recommendations on department budget requests.
- Provides cash flow management and treasury service to the city. Performs supervisory functions such as training, work assignments, evaluations and counseling to Finance department employees. Prepares required financial reports, and monitors overall financial condition of the city.
- Requires Bachelor's degree with concentration in accounting, finance, or related field or education and training equivalent to six plus years of college education in accounting, economics, finance, or related field. CPA, CMA or GFOA preferred.
- Required four years of finance and accounting experience and a minimum of four years in management, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Experience with SC PEBA Retirement and Insurance Benefits preferred, along with experience in payroll processing and familiarity with financial software.
Pay info: The salary is dependent upon qualifications.
How to apply: For a complete job description, application and list of qualifications, please visit the City of Cayce website https://caycesc.gov/employment.php.
The City of Cayce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.