Director of Communications and Neighborhood Relations, City of Greenville
Position Category: Administration
- Under the general direction of the City Manager, the Communications and Neighborhood Relations Director is responsible for the city-wide communication functions and Communications Strategic Plan, overseeing the protection and enhancement of the city's image
- In collaboration with elected officials and/or city staff, this position will oversee the messaging of community priorities and city programs utilizing various communication strategies, including traditional and social media
- Develops, manages and administers strategic outreach, media relations, and communications of city-wide initiatives for external and internal audiences of the City of Greenville and coordinates with the city's Emergency Management Team in the development and implementation of effective emergency outreach communications
- The ideal candidate is a strategic communications professional, a savvy communicator with strong writing and interpersonal skills, and a key leader on the city's leadership team. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the news media, general public and stakeholders is a must.
- This role is suited for an individual who sets an ambitious vision and works effectively and efficiently in demanding situations that may require immediate action, along with fast-paced work demands and deadlines
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Policy or closely related field is required. A master's degree is preferred. Ideal candidate must have over 10 years of experience in in the communications field and two years of supervisory experience.
Pay info: $99,715.20 - $159,536.00 annually
How to apply: Apply online at http://jobs.greenvillesc.gov. Applications must include a cover letter and resume for consideration.
The City of Greenville does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender/sex, race, color, religion, national origin, veterans' status, or genetic information. The City of Greenville is an equal employment opportunity employer. (HR 1.2 Equal Employment Opportunity)