Planner I, Town of Bluffton
Position Category: Planning, GIS
Position hours: Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am- 5:30 pm; Friday: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
- The Planner position within the Growth Management Department Planning & Community Development Division provides a range of planning and community development services in a dynamic and growing community setting. This position requires the incumbent to possess a planning background and skill in administering, coordinating and conducting development and other technical reviews as part of the Town's land use regulatory programs.
- Performs development plan review, planned unit development review, sign/site feature review, and annexation review.
- Work requires close coordination with the Planning and Community Development Manager, Town Council, Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, Historic Preservation Commission, Developer Representatives, Consultants and the General Public.
- Bachelor's degree in Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, Public Administration, Political Science, Economic Development or a related field plus two years of planning/community development experience
- Experience in Urban Design and Development Review
- Possession of an appropriate driver's license valid in the State of South Carolina.
How to apply: For a complete job description and to download an application, visit www.townofbluffton.sc.gov/human-resources-department/home. Send application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.