Position hours: Full-time position, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some night and weekend work
- Performs fire inspections for all existing public buildings in order to comply with fire codes and investigates accidents to identify causes and to determine prevention
- Prepares plan reviews for all new and existing occupancies, which involves checking plans for compliance with codes and regulations
- Serves as safety officer to include implementing and complying with Occupational Safety and Health Administration training standards
- Requires an associate degree in engineering, drafting, construction, fire science or fire administration with one to two years of experience in firefighting, construction, engineering or inspections or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must possess a valid driver's license
Pay info: Dependent on qualifications
How to apply: To download an application, visit www.fortmillsc.gov. Submit completed application, current resume and a copy of related certificates by mail to Human Resources, PO Box 159, Fort Mill, SC 29715 or by email to email@example.com.
The Town of Fort Mill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.