Utilities Inspector, Town of Fort Mill
Position Category: Utilities
Position hours: Full-time position
- Reviews plans and specifications for proposed subdivisions, commercial areas, residential in-fill, and town projects.
- Reviews Development Certification and Acceptance applications; conducts field inspections; prepares repair recommendations and conducts repair inspections and final walk-throughs.
- Coordinates with engineers, developers, and contractors; makes field changes in construction plans as needed; issues stop work orders as necessary.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years’ experience or service.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued for the type of vehicle or equipment operated. Possession of or ability to readily obtain the appropriate state certifications for the type of inspection conducted.
Pay info: $ 21.97 per hour
How to apply: Send completed application to Human Resource, P.O. Box 159, Fort Mill, SC 29716 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications and complete job descriptions can be found at www.fortmillsc.gov.
Deadline: Open until filled
The Town of Fort Mill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.