Position hours: Full-time position
- Inspects commercial and residential structures to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and standards. Discusses code violations with builders, contractors, and homeowners; identifies solutions to code violations.
- Issues stop-works orders as appropriate until building is in compliance. Conducts follow-up inspections to verify corrections of violations. Prepares and maintains records of inspections; enters inspection data into computer.
- Reviews plans to ensure compliance with local and national building codes and ordinances, and contract specifications; approves building plans.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education. Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated. Possession of or ability to readily obtain the appropriate certifications for the type of inspections conducted.
Pay info: $ 21.97 per hour
How to apply: Send completed application to Human Resource, P.O. Box 159, Fort Mill, SC 29716 or email@example.com. Applications and complete job descriptions can be found at www.fortmillsc.gov.
Deadline: Open until filled
The Town of Fort Mill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.