County Manager, York County
Position Category: Administration
- Attends all Council meetings and assists the Council in the execution and implementation of its policies and programs. Prepares an annual budget for adoption by the Council. Keeps the Council advised regarding the financial condition and administrative activities of the County.
- Works with the Council and its various committees to facilitate relevant County ordinance development, preparation, and review. Recommendations to the Council on all matters concerning the County. Provides for the daily oversight of County administration and operations, including supervision of staff. Directs and participates in short- and long-range planning for County administration. Serves as liaison to other counties, municipalities, state and federal agencies, various boards and commissions, chambers of commerce, and other community/professional/civic groups, industries/businesses.
- Oversees management and direction of the County's personnel programs/activities, including policy development, employee recruitment and selection, employee relations, salary and benefit administration, training, and safety; ensures equal access to County facilities and programs. Directs purchasing functions to ensure that maximum benefit is received in procuring services, supplies, and equipment. Attends training, conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings, etc., to maintain awareness of legislation, trends, and technology related to economic development planning and implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration, management or a closely related field; a master's degree is preferred.
- Candidates must have at least 10 years of prior progressively responsible senior management experience, preferably in local government administration as a County Manager, City Manager or Assistant County Manager/Assistant City Manager or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities. Experience with an organization that has experienced substantial fast-paced growth is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be a professional, approachable, strong leader who is solutions-oriented and able to build trust with a variety of stakeholders. A business-minded leader who is innovative, strategic, and committed to public service with a collaborative management style is desired.
Pay info: Starting salary is open, dependent upon qualifications; the County offers an excellent benefits package.
How to apply: Position is open until filled; first review of resumes will begin on December 2, 2019. For more information or to apply, visit www.srnsearch.com. If you have questions, please contact Elliott Pervinich, Vice President, S. Renée Narloch & Associates, 850.391.0000 or email@example.com. A detailed brochure is available.
Deadline: December 2
York County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.