The City of Cayce currently has a full-time position available as a Diesel Mechanic in the Garage Department.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Inspects heavy vehicles and equipment for proper and safe working conditions. Performs preventive maintenance of heavy vehicles and equipment as scheduled.
- Performs routine minor maintenance such as changing tires, adjusting belts, lubricating parts, changing batteries, replacing wiper blades, etc.
- Performs major repairs, such as engine overhauls, transmission repairs and service and repair of complex sub-assemblies such as hydraulic, electric or vacuum systems.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and formal training, special courses or self-education equivalent to the satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in heavy duty and specialized automotive mechanics or a closely related field.
- Must possess a valid SC CDL Class A driver's license.
- Requires over four years of related experience.
Pay info: Salary is dependent upon qualifications
How to apply: For a complete job description, application and list of qualifications, visit http://www.cityofcayce-sc.gov/employment.asp.
The City of Cayce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.