Position hours: Typical 40-hour work week; first shift, home every night
- Works under the general supervision of the Department Manager and assists with the planning, scheduling and implementation of new landscapes and maintenance activities designed to provide quality service for the city
- Supervises working crew and maintains operation of equipment
- Performs labor required for construction and maintenance projects as part of a crew, including but not limited to mowing, pruning, digging, planting, mulching, etc.
- Valid driver's license and high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Five years of experience relating to landscaping maintenance or related activities, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Horticulture certifications preferred
Pay info: Excellent benefit package includes enrollment in the State Health Plan with 100% coverage for employee medical and basic dental insurance. Additional coverage offered at discounted rates, 12 paid holidays, paid time off, state retirement enrollment and more.
How to apply: Applications can be obtained online http://www.getintogaffney.com/employment-opportunities/ or at Gaffney City Hall, 2nd Floor. You may attach any additional certifications. If additional information is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The application must be completed in full and submitted in person at Gaffney City Hall, Second Floor, 201 N. Limestone St., Gaffney, SC 29340 or mailed to PO Box 2109, Gaffney, SC 29342.
Deadline: Position open until filled
The City of Gaffney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.