IT Application Analyst – Administrative Division, Orangeburg Department of Public Utilities
Position Category: Technology
Full-time position, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m.
to 5 p.m.
- Provides technical support for the Department of Public
Utilities business systems and software applications, to create, run and submit
database queries and reports; and to update and maintain related data
- Provides end-user support for DPU business systems and software applications: identifies and resolves problems to restore service to user in a timely and efficient manner; designs new or modifies existing configurations to meet users’ needs; and ensures that computer software and operations are in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and rules. Troubleshoots end-user problems: responds to initial on-site requests for assistance; identifies and resolves problems; utilizes diagnostic tools and other resources as appropriate; ensures continual operations of software applications.
- Develops SQL, database queries, and database reporting tools utilizing source control concepts and change management procedures: creates and
maintains control files, service orders, fees, alerts and other configurations
for queries as requested; and runs and submits multiple reports and compiles
information regarding the performance, billing data and information, multi-year
stats and other information.
- Associate degree in Computer Programming, Information
Technology, or a related field required
- Three years of experience in computer programming, technical support or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job
- Must possess skills to develop SQL and database queries,
with extensive knowledge of database reporting tools
Pay info: Exempt position with excellent benefits including
How to apply:
For a complete job description and list of
qualifications, and an online application, visit www.orbgdpu.com
Deadline: December 31
The Department of Public Utilities is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the DPU will
provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities
and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential
accommodations with the employer.