Position hours: Full-time position, rotating shifts
- Patrols the Town of Yemassee to protect life and property; responds to calls for service; enforces all federal, state and local laws as well as city ordinances; provides testimony and prepares documents relating to the adjudication of cases in court
- Apprehends and arrests criminal suspects and law violators, and maintains order and public safety
- Performs duties related to law enforcement work as required and works with supervision to produce the best results possible
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age; a citizen of the United States with a high school diploma or equivalent; valid SC driver's license or the ability to obtain one if an out of state resident; must be able to pass a polygraph, psychological test, credit check, thorough background investigation and preemployment drug screen
- Must have successfully completed or have the ability to complete courses at the SC Criminal Justice Academy
- Skilled in using firearms, operating a motor vehicle, and dealing firmly, tactfully and courteously with the public; must have the ability to prepare clear and concise reports
Pay info: $32,000 - $38,000 annually, depending on qualifications
How to apply: For a complete job description, visit www.townofyemassee.org/employment. Applications can be obtained from Yemassee Police Department, 101 Town Circle, Yemassee, SC 29945. Interested applicants should ensure they fill out a Yemassee Police Department job application and submit it to the attention of Chief Gregory Alexander, PO Box 577, Yemassee, SC 29945. Unsigned applications will not be accepted.
Deadline: December 31
The Town of Yemassee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.