Public Works Worker II, Town of Bluffton
Position Category: Public Works
Position hours: Full-time position, Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Performs general repair maintenance and preventative maintenance on town vehicles and property, assists with skilled and manual work functions for construction, plumbing, electrical and HVAC projects, and will operate vehicles and equipment while performing these duties
- This position also may include assignments such as mowing, seeding, planting, pruning and trimming grass, trees, shrubs, bushes, hedges and flowers, operating weed eater, and other work as apparent or assigned
- Performs emergency or disaster-related duties as assigned
- Recently and successfully fulfilled the duties of a Public Works Worker I for at least one year at the Town of Bluffton or a comparative employer
- High school diploma or GED and minimal experience performing grounds maintenance work, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possession of an appropriate driver's license valid in the state of South Carolina. Must pass physical and drug screening.
Pay info: Grade 6
How to apply: Visit our website at www.townofbluffton.sc.gov, and fill out a Town of Bluffton Employment Application. Send completed application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.