Position hours: Rotational 12-hour shifts from 7 a.m./p.m. to 7 p.m./a.m., including weekends and holidays
- Operates and controls electric motors, pumps and valves to regulate flow of raw water treatment facility and cleans filter beds using the backwash system
- Monitors panel board and adjusts controls to regulate flow rates, loss of head pressure, water elevation and the distribution of water and performs various water sample tests
- Prepares various records and reports including flow charts, filter backwash charts, turbidity charts, bacteria records, dosage charts, calibration records, etc. and maintains such records and reports as directed by SC Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Vocational/technical school education/training in water treatment plant operations
- Three to five years of experience in water treatment operations and certification as a water treatment plant operator B
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
Pay info: Starting salary of $39,095.03 annually or higher depending on qualifications with excellent benefits package including 13 holidays and participation in the state retirement system, the SC deferred compensation plan and the state health plan, with the employee's health and basic dental insurance premiums paid by the city
How to apply: Applications are available online at www.westcolumbiasc.gov/employment and at the customer service counter at West Columbia City Hall, 200 N. 12th St., West Columbia, SC 29169. Completed applications may be mailed to City of West Columbia, Attn: Carrie Garrett, Director of Human Resources, PO Box 4044, West Columbia, SC 29171; faxed to 803.939.8634; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Open until filled
The City of West Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The city does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.