Assistant City Manager, City of Greenville
Position Category: Administration
Position hours: Full-time position
- Provide Administrative and Management Support: Assist in the development of the City's strategic plans as well as strategies to achieve stated goals. Develop systems and reports to monitor progress on strategic goals. Plan, coordinate, and participate in various program and administrative operations and activities including those having a City-wide impact. Provide administrative, analytical, and technical assistance to the City Manager's Office to support decision-making and policy direction.
- Manage Special Projects: Participate in and/or manage specific programs/special projects as assigned by the City Manager, including complex research of new programs and services, budget analyses and preparation, and feasibility analyses. As assigned, manage complex projects/programs requiring collaboration and coordination across multiple departments and/or multi-faceted projects involving a single department that require monitoring by the City Manager's office.
- Act as City Manager's Staff Liaison with Constituents and External Organizations: Serve as a liaison to various civic or governmental organizations and committees, task forces, and boards and commissions. Confer regularly with officials from state and county authorities and commissions. Meet with constituents on behalf of the City Manager and attend constituent meetings, providing information about City operations as well as participating in discussions and decisions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in public administration, management, business administration, planning, or related field is required from an accredited college or university. master's degree is preferred. three to five years of experience in a responsible public sector management position is required. more two years of experience as an assistant city manager or assistant to the city manager is preferred.
- Knowledge of: principles and practices of city management/administration including budgeting, economic development, fiscal management, performance management, project management, planning, re-development and program/services evaluation; principles and practices of project management; principles and practices of budget development, administration, and accountability including funding sources impacting program and service development; principles and practices of effective strategic planning; principles of effective public relations and interrelationships with community groups and agencies.
- Ability to: assist the city manager in conducting managerial and administrative functions in support of city operations and city council strategic initiatives; plan, organize, administer and coordinate a variety of large and complex city services, projects, and programs to produce desired results; make administrative decisions independently and in accordance with established laws, regulations and city policies and procedures; use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines; and exercise integrity and ingenuity.
Pay info: $101,500 - $162,400 annually
How to apply: Apply online at http://jobs.greenvillesc.gov
The City of Greenville is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.