City Surveyor, City of Rock Hill
Position Category: Engineering
- Manages the city's vision in land surveying, mapping, utility locating and assisting in rights of way acquisition; provides for the overall effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy of the city's survey field work and mapping; researches various survey-related issues including ownership, legal descriptions, quantity and shape of city-owned properties, rights of ways and private ownerships; checks and/or writes legal descriptions for the city; determines the city's horizontal and vertical control networks on capital improvement projects; and prepares and files monument records in accordance with state statute
- Reviews all platting of all city capital improvement projects for compliance with state and local codes and standards; develops and manages the surveying, mapping, utility locating and assisting of right of way acquisition in conjunction with CIPs; coordinates and performs field data collection and layout for design, construction and as-builts of city CIPs; reviews and processes the results of field surveys including the shape, contours, location, elevations and dimensions of land features and structures; and performs mathematical checks and coordinates survey requirements for CIPs
- Establishes, investigates and reestablishes land and property boundaries; prepares plats and legal descriptions for tracts of land; works within defined project scopes; manages deadlines and prioritizes assignments; performs project management and quality control for all surveys; prepares, stamps and signs various types of surveys; prepares and records surveys with appropriate York County authorities; coordinates and performs field surveys including boundaries and American Land Title Association standards; and determines and stakes right of way or easement lines on the ground
- Associate degree in surveying or civil engineering supplemented by at least five years of progressively responsible experience in land surveying
- Must possess a South Carolina professional land surveyor license or obtain one through reciprocity within six months of hire
- Supervisory/lead work experience preferred
Pay info: $22.51 – $32.64/hr
How to apply: Apply online at www.cityofrockhill.com/jobs.
The City of Rock Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.