Water Plant Operator, Town of Batesburg-Leesville
Position Category: Utilities
Position hours: Full-time position, 10-hour rotating shifts that will include days, nights, weekends and some holidays
- Monitors and performs all daily water plant operations; participates in distribution sample collection and analysis; attends to plant communications for the dispatch of water and sewer maintenance crews; starts up and shuts down; performs moderate lifting; and regulates and adjusts motors, pumps, compressors, grinders, blowers, valves and other apparatus to meet changing operating conditions
- Collects and prepares water samples for laboratory analysis; performs lab tests, performs laboratory equipment validation exercises; prepares laboratory reports; performs general math operations to determine chemical dosing requirements; and regulates and adjusts chemical feed equipment rates as indicated
- Assists in ensuring plant compliance with town/department policies and procedures, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control regulations and other applicable laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety; and performs general clerical work as required including preparing records and reports, completing forms, copying and filing documents, entering and retrieving computer data, answering the telephone, etc.
- Any combination of education equivalent to graduation from high school
- Must possess a South Carolina water treatment license of Grade C or better and be in good standing with the South Carolina License, Labor and Review Board, and must possess a valid SC driver's license
- Must have the ability to prepare simple reports and work documents using Microsoft Office; must be able to lift forty pounds to shoulder height; and must be available to respond after hours and on weekends for emergency operational purposes
Pay info: Salary is contingent upon education, licensing, training and experience
How to apply: For a complete job description and to download an application, visit www.batesburg-leesville.org/employment-opportunities. Applications are also available at Batesburg-Leesville Town Hall, 120 West Church St., Suite A, Batesburg-Leesville, SC 29006. Submit completed application and brief resume to the Batesburg-Leesville Town Hall at the address above. For questions concerning the application process or job requirements, contact Tonya McCormick or Tim Schumpert at 803.532.4601.
The Town of Batesburg-Leesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Town of Batesburg-Leesville does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.