Superintendent, Construction and Maintenance – Electric Division, Orangeburg Department of Public Utilities
Position Category: Engineering
- Directs and manages operations and staff involved in the design and administration of projects in accordance with accepted professional engineering standards and with considerable independence for the Electric Division of the Orangeburg Department of Public Utilities; manages, directs and evaluates assigned staff; develops and oversees employee work schedules to ensure adequate coverage and control; compiles and reviews timesheets; approves/processes employee concerns and problems and counsels or disciplines as appropriate; assists with or completes employee performance appraisals; directs work; acts as a liaison between employees and management; and trains staff in operations, policies and procedures
- Manages and coordinates the technical work of distribution plant construction and maintenance; coordinates the preparation of drawings, construction documents and cost estimates for each project; ensures each project has been verified and coordinated with the work of other sections; ensures all required approvals, codes, regulations and contract requirements are received, complied with and recorded; approves shop drawings; reviews and approves samples; approves and issues supplementary drawings, details and addenda as required; and makes recommendations and provides advice and direction to engineers, drafters and others as required and/or requested
- Manages and coordinates distribution rights of way clearing and trimming; dispatches personnel; and monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or a related field required
- Five years of experience in planning and designing electrical, mechanical or communication systems, to include lead or supervisory experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job
- Must possess and maintain a valid South Carolina driver's license; possession and maintenance of a South Carolina Professional Engineer's license is preferred
How to apply: For a complete job description, list of qualifications and online application, visit www.orbgdpu.com.
Deadline: September 27
The Orangeburg Department of Public Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Orangeburg DPU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.