Public Works Director, City of Abbeville
Position Category: Public Works
- Manages and implements administrative systems and procedures necessary in increasing production and reducing operating costs; ensures that the operations of the Abbeville Public Works Department are conducted in an effective, efficient and safe manner
- Directs the activities of the street division, sanitation division, and supply, maintenance and construction division; and oversees residential and commercial garbage collection, street, sidewalk and driveway repairs, and operation of the city landfill
- Conducts a variety of personnel-related functions including the supervision of departmental personnel; provides guidance and training; schedules and coordinates work; recommends personnel procedures to the city manager; and maintains a cross training program for personnel assigned in or to the Public Works Department
- High school diploma with eight to 10 years of construction experience; associate degree in civil engineering or a related discipline with five to seven years of public works or related experience preferred; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must pass a thorough background investigation, preemployment drug screen and physical examination
- Must possess a valid South Carolina commercial driver's license
How to apply: Applications are available online at www.abbevillecitysc.com or at Abbeville City Hall/Opera House at 100 Court Square, Abbeville, SC 29620. Submit a City of Abbeville application, cover letter, resume and references to Human Resources, PO Box 40, Abbeville, SC 29620.
Deadline: Until filled
The City of Abbeville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.