Communications Manager, City of Tega Cay
Position Category: Administration
Position hours: Full-time position, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some nights for council meetings
- Develops, implements and accomplishes objectives based on a data-driven communications strategy; manages all communication platforms of the city and serves as primary administrator for city's website and social media accounts; makes frequent updates to the city's website; generates and shares content on the city's various social media platforms and the public educational and government access channel; monitors social media to ensure adherence to the city's communications policies and procedures; and drafts and distributes weekly electronic newsletter
- Performs various media relations duties to include coordinating, writing and issuing press releases, receiving and responding to media inquiries, and developing effective relationships with representatives from local media outlets; develops regular content for media to increase positive coverage of the city; manages and develops content for public service announcement segments and public announcements; and assists with emergency alerts and notifications
- Creates and markets materials to support all city events, programs, facilities, services, accomplishments and departments; coordinates with other entities on joint marketing opportunities (Tega Cay Forever, Tega Cay Economic Development Commission, Visit York County, York County Regional Chamber of Commerce, etc.) and assists with the city's Community Sponsorship Program as may be necessary; speaks before various community, school, civic, religious and related groups; attends meetings and conferences as a representative of the city; and leads quarterly TC Connect meetings designed to inform members about city
- Bachelor's degree in communication, public relations or marketing is preferred; three to five years of experience in government relations and/or community relations; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge skills and abilities
- Must have a valid driver's license
Pay info: Salary commensurate with experience
How to apply: For a complete job description and to apply, visit www.tegacaysc.org.
The City of Tega Cay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.