Position hours: Full-time position, 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Provides engineering assistance to the Director, the technical staff, and the field staff as required
- Investigates, evaluates, and recommends appropriate solutions to the operations and maintenance deficiencies in the water distribution system
- Responsible for planning, design, and preparation of plans and specifications for departmental projects
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an accredited program or a closely related field plus four years' experience in a utility environment or construction field of which two years must be in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to use drafting and surveying equipment
- Must have acquired considerable knowledge of engineering principles and practices within the civil engineering field
Pay info: $65,686.40 ($31.58/hr) - $105,123.20 ($50.54/hr)
How to apply: Apply online at www.charlestonwater.com. Resumes are not accepted in person, but can be uploaded in online application portal
Deadline: September 22
The Charleston Water System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.