Building Inspector, Town of Hilton Head Island
Position Category: Community/Economic Development
Position hours: Full-time position, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Conducts inspection of residential construction projects for compliance with all building, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical codes as adopted by the town, the land management ordinance, and FEMA flood requirements, and ensures construction is in accordance with approved plans
- Conducts comprehensive reviews of residential plans to ensure code compliance; schedules review process work flow; and examines plans and determines building, structural, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing code compliance
- Interprets codes and regulations and explains permit, compliance conditions and code requirements to developers, engineers, architects, property owners, the public and other interested parties as required
- Associate degree in construction or related field plus five years related work experience or any combination of education, experience, special qualifications and training that provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Able to acquire State of South Carolina LLR license as Residential Inspector or Provisional Residential Inspector. If hired with Provisional Residential Inspector registration, must acquire State Residential Inspector registration within the state allotted timeframe (12, 24, 36 or 48 months of hire)
- Valid driver's license
Pay info: Hiring range is $48,025 - $61,232 annually
How to apply: Apply online at www.hiltonheadislandsc.gov.
Deadline: September 17