Public Service Director, City of Aiken
Position Category: Public Works
Position hours: Full-time position, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with some evenings
- Direct the overall planning, operation and administration of the department including goals, objectives and technical specifications; sets the department's policies, procedures, goals, priorities, staffing and objectives; facilitates open communication; provides timely response to routine requests from local citizens/ key stakeholders, city manager, city council and other departments in accordance with federal/state regulations and city codes/policies/procedures/design standards; and proposes ordinances and resolutions for policy changes and public relations duties
- Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with other city departments, outside vendors, community leaders, and general public; works with various agencies and professional organizations; meets with public to respond to questions and resolves issues; and attends city council meetings
- Manages staff including hiring, preparing performance evaluations and other personnel matters; ensures workers are trained in safe operation of equipment; and serves as lead emergency point of contact for the public services department
- Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, or related field from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred.
- Seven years local government public works or public services management experience including four years supervisory experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Good communication skills, both oral and written; demonstrates ability to work independently and to supervise others; proficient in planning, directing, inspecting, supervising and managing personnel and utilization of equipment; and valid driver's license with good driving history
Pay info: Depending on qualifications
How to apply: Apply online at www.cityofaikensc.gov or resumes may be mailed to City of Aiken, Human Resources Department, PO Box 1177, Aiken, SC 29802.
Deadline: September 27
The City of Aiken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.