Senior Accountant, Chester Metropolitan District
Position Category: Finance
Position hours: Full-time position, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday with some evening meetings
- Perform a variety of complex professional, administrative and technical accounting and finance functions involved in maintaining the fiscal records and systems of the Chester Metropolitan District
- Performs complex financial accounting general ledger system for general accounting to include creation and maintenance of accounting records, verification and documentation of financial transactions, preparation of monthly and annual reports, monthly reconciliations, and assistance with reporting functions for the annual financial statements
- Reconciles general ledger accounts including but not limited to accounts receivable, investments, cash, prepaid, accrued interest, and fixed assets; maintains account files; explains balances in general ledger, and corrects any posting errors; reconciles bank, investment, and collateral statements monthly to general ledger balances; reconciles errors and initiates steps to resolve problems; and prepares journal entries to post expected receivables and known liabilities
- Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting supplemented by at least five years of progressive experience in financial management in municipal government and/or utilities
- Knowledge of financial software packages, proficiency with Microsoft Office and technical writing skills required
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant or Government Finance Officer is preferred, or the ability to obtain within two years
Pay info: $54,350 - $72,467, dependent upon qualifications
How to apply: Apply online at www.chestermetrosc.com or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chester Metropolitan District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.