Public Safety Loss Control Consultant, Municipal Association of SC
Position Category: Public Safety
- Provides technical support and consultative services to Municipal Association members participating in workers' compensation (South Carolina Municipal Insurance Trust) and property/liability (South Carolina Municipal Insurance Risk Fund) insurance programs administered by the Association
- Travels extensively to meet with municipal staff, including police and fire professionals, human resources professionals, finance directors, risk managers, administrative support staff, executives, mayors and members of city councils; assists member cities and towns in developing effective safety and risk management programs and loss control capabilities within their organizations to help create safe working environments for employees and minimize the potential of claims from residents of municipalities; ensures solutions are in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations and other applicable safety standards and guidelines
- Develops and conducts law enforcement and fire safety specific training to increase potential loss awareness among public safety staff
- Bachelor's degree or education and training equivalent to four years of education in, criminal justice, fire science, business administration, public administration, risk management or a closely related field
- Ten years of progressive experience in public safety with specialized training with an emphasis in fire science; fundamental knowledge of the law enforcement and public safety field to include laws and policies, as well as experience developing and conducting training; and possess a valid state driver's license and a current or former law enforcement officer certification
- Demonstrated above average interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as written and verbal communication; proficient in utilizing various software applications; strong awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to balance multiple priorities; and public sector knowledge/experience is preferred
Pay info: Competitive salary based on qualifications with excellent benefits package, including SC state retirement and health insurance
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to Summer Randall at email@example.com. For more information about the Municipal Association of South Carolina, visit www.masc.sc.
Deadline: Open until filled
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.