Transit Services Intern, Central Midlands Regional Transit Authority
Position Category: Administration
Position hours: Part-time temporary position, flexible hours
- Performs a variety of activities to gain skills in transit/transportation management, data collection and analysis, and the work of local government
- Assists with a variety of tasks related to transit and public transportation including inventory of bus stop assets, data collection and analysis, design plan reviews, regional planning processes, transit facility operations and maintenance, public outreach, budgeting and administrative work
- Must currently be enrolled in a high school and college-level program of study in geography, urban studies, planning, public administration or related field
- Interest in transit or transportation system activities and functions is highly desirable and experience in a public organization is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to effectively perform the duties and functions of this position may be considered
Pay info: $12 – $15/hr
How to apply: For a complete job description and to apply, visit www.catchthecometsc.gov/working-for-us. For more information, contact LeRoy DesChamps at LDesChamps@TheCOMETSC.gov or call 803.255.7081.
The Central Midlands Regional Transit Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.