Planning and Development Specialist, Central Midlands Regional Transit Authority
Position Category: Planning, GIS
Position hours: Full-time position, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some work on weekends
- Leads the planning and development department; simplifies existing services while bringing transit innovation to the region including downtown shuttles, park and ride routes, and ﬂex services; and fast-tracks the creation of pilot programs for rural and community-based transportation designed to better connect people to their communities and improve access to all aspects of The COMET
- Facilitates planning, implementation and analysis of transit service delivery for The COMET including, but not limited to, fixed route, demand response and innovative mobility services; develops operational service planning studies; analyzes performance data and key performance indicators; coordinates programs related to bus stops and transit center shelters; and ensures compliance with applicable federal and state rules and regulations regarding public transportation
- Bachelor's degree in urban planning, transportation planning/engineering or related field (master's degree preferred) with three years of professional experience in transportation planning, urban planning or transportation engineering experience, preferably in a public transit
- Desired certifications include American Institute of Certified Planners, certified transportation planner and principal transportation planner preferred
- Familiarity with transit or transportation system activities and functions is highly desirable
Pay info: $45,000 – $60,166 annually
How to apply: For a complete job description and to apply, visit www.catchthecometsc.gov/working-for-us. For more information, contact LeRoy DesChamps at LDesChamps@TheCOMETSC.gov or call 803.255.7081.
The Central Midlands Regional Transit Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.