Director of Sanitation and Maintenance, City of Lancaster
Position Category: Public Works
Position hours: Full-time exempt position, standard business hours
- Plans, oversees and directs the activities of the street department, residential and commercial garbage services, transfer station, vehicle maintenance, building and grounds, and construction crews; oversees sidewalks, rights of way, traffic controls, sign maintenance, landscaping and the cemetery; plans, organizes and directs related administrative activities; supervises subordinates through the chain of command; exercises independent judgment in routine and stressful situations; and reports to the city administrator
- Oversees the activities related to the day-to-day operation of buildings and grounds, which includes landscaping, building maintenance and housekeeping services for all city facilities, cemetery maintenance, inspection and upkeep of several parks, general repairs and maintenance duties, and coordination with a variety of contractors and vendors; ensures effective, safe and efficient operation of the solid waste transfer station; and records accurate accounting records from all outside entities for their use of the city transfer station
- Plans, organizes and directs the accurate and timely accounting and recording of department expenditures and revenues; develops departmental budgets; forecasts and monitors expenditures; and performs other related duties as required
- Associate degree in civil engineering or a related field with seven to 10 years of experience in engineering and/or public works or solid waste administration, or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license
- Subject to a credit check, criminal history, driving history, drug test, medical/physical examination
Pay info: $26.97 – $35.73/hr
How to apply: For a complete job description and to apply online, visit www.lancastercitysc.com.
The City of Lancaster is an Equal Opportunity Employer.