Position hours: Full-time position, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some on-call hours and nights and/or weekends
- Performs semiskilled and skilled work in the installation, repair and maintenance of water lines, sewer lines and appurtenances, and performs related work as required
- Installs, maintains and repairs water lines, sewer lines and appurtenances, and makes water taps, sewer taps and service connections
- Installs and replaces meters; operate trucks, air hammer and other mechanical equipment; operates confined space and other safety equipment in performance of related duties; installs water meters, fire hydrants and valves; raises valve boxes; performs general ground maintenance tasks; and excavates and back fills trenches
- High school diploma or GED with one year of related work experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must obtain an asbestos cement certification within 12 months of employment and a Class D water distribution system certificate within 24 months of employment
- Class B commercial driver's license required
Pay info: $26,205 annually ($12.59/hr) or $30,335 annually ($14.58/hr) with CDL
How to apply: Applications may be obtained from the SC Department of Employment and Workforce Center, 200-A Victory Lane, Conway, SC 29526, or downloaded at www.cityofconway.com. Interested persons should submit completed application with a certified 10-year driving record to Lynn S. Smith, Human Resources Director, PO Box 1075, Conway, SC 29528.
The City of Conway is a drug-free and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.