Finance Director, City of Hardeeville
Position Category: Finance
Position hours: Full-time position, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some evenings
- Plans, organizes, manages and supervises all financial accounting, revenue collections, budget, payroll, cash management, investments, debt management and purchasing for the city; ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws in regard to the city's financial business; invests and monitors various funds; maintains and monitors the cash flow system; and maintains accounts of all municipal financial transactions
- Assists in preparing the annual budget for submission to the city council; coordinates with department heads in the development of revenue and expenditure forecasts, analyzing prior budget figures and future trends; and coordinates with the city manager and city council in completing budget
- Supervises and directs the finance department staff in accordance with city policies and procedures and appraises and evaluates the performance of the department personnel
- Must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college in accounting, business, finance, public administration or a closely related field (master's degree and/or certified public accountant certification is preferred)
- Must have a minimum of seven years of professional experience in accounting and financial management including at least four years of supervising a professional staff
- Must have knowledge of government accounting and budgeting practices and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Governmental Accounting Standards Board and Government Finance Officers Association is required
Pay info: $76,492 – $104,652 depending on qualifications
How to apply: For a complete job description and to download an application, visit www.hardeevillesc.gov. Send application, resume, references and cover letter to Lori Pomarico, City Clerk, 205 Main St., PO Box 609, Hardeeville, SC 29927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Hardeeville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify user. All applicants considered for employment must submit to a background check and drug screening for illegal drug use prior to offer of employment.