Each spring, the Municipal Association accepts award entries from member municipalities. Winners will be honored at the Association's Annual Meeting.
Started in 1987, the program provides local government officials and employees the opportunity to receive deserved recognition for superior and innovative efforts in local government. The program also provides a forum for sharing the best public service ideas in South Carolina.
2018 Achievement Award winners
- Population 1 – 1,000: Town of Edisto Beach
- Population 1,001 – 5,000: Town of Hampton
- Population 5,001 – 10,000: Town of Moncks Corner
- Population 10,001 – 20,000: Town of Bluffton
- Communications: City of Rock Hill
- Economic Development: City of Florence
- Public Safety: City of Hartsville
- Public Service: City of Myrtle Beach
- Public Works: City of Woodruff