SCMIRF has partnered with the Legal and Liability Risk Management Institute to provide training calendars to all of its member agencies. LLRMI is a network of risk management professionals dedicated to enhancing professionalism, effectiveness and risk management of public safety/criminal justice through training, policies, procedures and legal support,
Over the years, LLRMI has devoted many resources regarding the review and research of lawsuits brought against law enforcement. The Institute staff discovered high-level performance reduces the number of claims brought against officers and agencies. Agencies that have proper policies related to the high-risk critical tasks are less likely to have liability. Additionally, an agency that trains officers on the high-risk critical tasks achieves a higher level of performance, while at the same time diminishes the liability of its officers, its supervisors and the agency itself.
LLRMI developed a simple monthly training program for roll-call type training. The monthly lesson plans are displayed so that supervisors can conduct the pre-designed and choreographed lesson plan for every officer. Each month focuses on a different critical task so that within a year’s time, officers receive training in each critical task.
Law enforcement high-risk task training lessons:
- January – use of force
- February – emergency vehicle operation
- March – arrest, search and seizure
- April – care, custody, restraint and transportation of prisoners
- May – officer involved domestic violence
- June – property and evidence
- July – off duty action
- August – sexual harassment, discrimination and misconduct
- September- selection, hiring and retention
- October- internal affairs and complaints
- November – special operations
- December – persons of diminished capacity
For more information on these training calendars, contact Phil Cromer at email@example.com or 803-933-1210.