In 2003, the Association entered a strategic partnership with Local Government Services, LLC to provide members technical assistance with cable franchise management.
The technical assistance helps ensure local governments have access to the expertise required to negotiate cable franchise renewals on reasonable terms and conditions.
- Assistance in responding to applications for Certificate of Franchise Authority
- Determining cable companies' compliance with existing franchise terms and conditions including franchise fee payment review
- Conducting jurisdictional coding test to determine if cable companies have correctly coded all city streets and annexations in their customer billing records
- Assistance for electric cities in negotiating pole attachment agreements and conducting pole count inventories
- Assistance in the development of public, educational and governmental channels
- Assistance with negotiating tower leases