Part-time Senior Claims Adjuster
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is accepting resumes for the position of Senior Claims Adjuster for the property and liability insurance program and the workers' compensation insurance program. This position is primarily responsible for adjudicating property and liability and workers' compensation subrogation claims in accordance with all applicable state laws and regulations. Occasional in-state travel may be required. This is a part-time position that will work an average of 20 hours per week. Other than S.C. State Retirement, this position is not eligible for benefits. Competitive salary based on qualifications.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, risk management or a closely related field is required
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and a valid S.C. Claims Adjuster license
- Seven years of experience as a multiline adjuster is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the insurance industry, claims, and the insurance legal and regulatory environment is required
- Demonstrated above average interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills, as well as written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to investigate and negotiate fair and equitable claims settlements
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Proficient in maintaining complex electronic files and records in an online document management system
- Strong awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Public sector knowledge/experience is preferred
Email resume and cover letter to Summer Randall at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, PO Box 12109, Columbia, SC 29211. Position will remain open until filled. The Municipal Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.