Encourage business growth and development
For businesses, time is money. Implementing standardized business licensing practices saves businesses time and supports local economic growth. Action Item
- Standardize business license tax collection across the state.
Provide quality services
Residents and businesses expect a positive quality of life and economic prosperity in their hometowns. To achieve this, dependable and consistent revenue sources are necessary to support the efficient and effective delivery of municipal services. Action Items
- Increase funding for the Local Government Fund to the level required in state law.
- Increase options for municipalities to raise revenue to support specific capital projects.
- Allow cities to annex certain enclaves by ordinance.
Increase law enforcement training
Law enforcement agencies face challenges of recruiting, hiring and training highly qualified officers. Increased funding for quality training will result in safer streets and communities.Action Items
- Support reliable funding for the Criminal Justice Academy to allow for more training opportunities for law enforcement officers.
- Increase funding for body worn cameras.
Repairing and maintaining existing roads and infrastructure is about more than fixing potholes. It's about encouraging and supporting statewide economic development with infrastructure that can accommodate new industry and support existing industry. Action Item
- Support reliable funding sources for roads and increase municipal representation on County Transportation Committees.
Dilapidated structures pose a public safety threat in municipalities of all sizes. Additional tools to clear blight will ensure the safety of residents and visitors and spur economic development opportunities for business owners. Action Item
- Establish options for cities and towns to recover public funds spent to demolish or clean blighted property.