The Association recognizes and encourages innovations and excellence in local government through its Achievement Awards.
Each spring, the Municipal Association accepts award entries from member municipalities. Winners will be honored at the Association's annual meeting.
2015 Achievement Awards
- Population 1-1,000: Town of Six Mile
- Population 1,001-5,000: City of Travelers Rest
- Population 5,001-10,000: City of Camden
- Population 10,001-20,000: City of Conway
- Communication: Town of Mount Pleasant
- Economic Development: Town of Hilton Head Island
- Public Safety: City of Sumter
- Public Service: City of Seneca
- Public Works: City of Florence
Started in 1987, the program provides local government officials and employees the opportunity to receive deserved recognition for superior and innovative efforts in local government. The program also provides a forum for sharing the best public service ideas in South Carolina.