The legislative tracking system allows for detailed searching and up-to-the-minute tracking of daily legislative activity. Whether you are interested in just a general overview of weekly activity or the specific language and history of a bill, searching is as easy as 1-2-3.
This tracking system follows bills that directly and indirectly impact cities and towns. Bills are categorized by bill number, sponsor, monitoring level, subject and keyword, date introduced, and date action was taken by a subcommittee, committee or the full House or Senate.
The system is also linked throughout the weekly legislative report, From the Dome to Your Home, distributed every Friday morning during the legislative session.
- Search for bills the Association is following by bill number, introduction date, topic, legislator introducing the bill, weekly activity or tracking level.
- Scroll down to the current week's keyword entry (Week of 1.26, for example) to get the most up-to-date information as it becomes available to staff.
- See Municipal Association staff comments on bills and get daily updates on committee and floor activity.
- Access past weekly reports by scrolling to the bottom of the "bills by subject" box and clicking on a week.
- Click on the “comments” button to send Municipal Association staff an e-mail with your feedback about specific bills.
- Contact your own legislators directly from the site (click on the "officials" link).
- Access the SC General Assembly Web site under Related Sites for live feeds of floor debate.
- Bookmark the tracking page directly at www.ciclt.net/masc.