The S.C. Press Association asked reporters around the state to weigh in on the most valuable resources they find on government websites. Bottom line: The more information online, the better for the newspaper and the public.
- Searchable reports, databases, charts and spreadsheets (Excel and PDF formats).
- Direct contact information and downloadable high resolution headshots of current city
- Municipal budgets, meeting minutes, agendas, check registries.
- Archived videos of meetings.
- Links to the city's social media.
- Accurate and current information that is clearly organized. (Avoid having a site that is not kept up to date.)
- Easy navigation (more important than flashy graphics).
- Supplementary documents when adding PDFs of meeting minutes and agendas.