Stay in the loop
There are lots of ways for municipal staff and elected officials to stay connected and informed.
- City Connect Blog — The weekly blog gives a snapshot of activity in the S.C. Legislature and courts, city success stories, and commentary from guest bloggers.
- From the Dome to Your Home — Elected officials and city staff receive this legislative report every Friday during the legislative session. It recaps the week's activity on bills affecting cities and towns, suggests actions for local officials and previews the upcoming week.
- Daily News — This morning email available to local officials provides links to relevant news articles about municipal government.
- The Uplift (Coming in 2018) — This collection of news articles will be emailed every Wednesday to Daily News subscribers in place of Wednesday's edition of the Daily News email. The Uplift, available to all others by subscription, will showcase South Carolina cities and towns at their best.
- Uptown Update — Local elected leaders and city staff receive this weekly e-newsletter with training opportunities, a link to the most recent edition of From the Dome to Your Home and the City Connect blog post, and other timely information.
Elected officials and city staff choose the subscriptions most useful to them by accessing their profile in the Association's database.
- From the Association's website, click on the Member Login button in the upper right corner.
- Those without a profile will see directions on the login screen to gain access. Once in their profile, individuals can update their title and contact information, indicate their preferred mailing address and phone number, and provide their email address and social media account names (the Association never sells or shares email addresses).
- From the My Profile section, users can manage subscriptions to all e-newsletters and mobile alerts.
- All elected officials and city staff with certain designated roles automatically receive emails containing the monthly Uptown, weekly Uptown Update and From the Dome to Your Home. Other online resources from the Municipal Association are available free by subscription.
Let's get social
Follow the Association on Twitter at @MuniAssnSc and Facebook at @MuniAssnSC.CitiesMeanBusiness. To keep up with the Association's work in the S.C. State House, follow the legislative team — @TigerMuniSC, @MelissaMuniSC and @ScottMuniSC.