Workers’ Compensation Senior Claims Adjuster, Municipal Association of SC
Position Category: Misc.
- Reviews, investigates, analyzes and adjusts workers' compensation claims in accordance with current laws and regulations and is responsible for all aspects of each claim, including but not limited to, informal conferences and hearings, arbitration and claims litigation
- Travels occasionally in-state to conduct member visits and meets with assigned members at their location for annual visits and as necessary to conduct investigations
- Reviews South Carolina Municipal Insurance Trust and South Carolina Municipal Insurance and Risk Financing Fund files monthly for subrogation potential and adjusts subrogation files as needed
- Bachelor's degree or education and training equivalent to four years of college education in business administration, public administration, risk management or a closely related field and seven years of experience in workers' compensation claims adjudication; public sector knowledge/experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and a valid SC claims adjuster license; an Associate in Claims designation is preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of the insurance industry, claims, and the insurance legal and regulatory environment; proven ability to negotiate fair and equitable claims settlements; and demonstrated above average interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills, as well as written and verbal communication
Pay info: Competitive salary based on qualifications and excellent benefits package including South Carolina State Retirement and insurance.
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to Summer Randall at email@example.com by the close of business on February 15. For more information about the position, visit www.masc.sc (keyword: MASC jobs).
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.