Mechanic, Town of Hilton Head Island
Position Category: Fire
Position hours: Full-time position, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Performs a variety of preventive maintenance, repairs and inspections on town vehicles and equipment, including fire apparatus, ambulances, rescue boats and generators to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Repairs fire equipment, such as nozzles, fire hoses, fans and tools
- Performs motor and vehicle part repairs and installation, including warning lights and safety equipment in new vehicles; repairs exhausts, rear ends, fuel systems and fuel pumps; and repairs and replaces gaskets, alternators and starters
- Associate degree in automotive repair with two years of vocational training; certifications as automotive service excellence, master automotive technician or an apprenticeship program in the mechanics trade; or any combination of education, experience, special qualifications and training that provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work
- Some automotive repair experience
- Valid class A driver's license with X and P endorsements (hazardous materials, tanker and passenger) obtained within one year of hire
Pay info: $40,366 – $51,467 annually
How to apply: For a detailed job description and to apply, visit www.hiltonheadislandsc.gov.
Deadline: February 28
The Town of Hilton Head Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or any other protected status. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignments, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.