Clerk of Court, Town of Estill
Position Category: Courts
Position hours: Full-time position, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Performs clerical and secretarial duties for the chief of police that includes typing all memorandums and correspondence, maintains filing system and ticket books, and performs other related duties as required
- Provides administrative support for municipal court functions that involves recording and receiving payments for court fees and disposition of cases; secures information for municipal judge; and contacts witnesses, attorneys and litigants to schedule trials and hearing
- Records court procedures; prepares bench warrants, nonresident violator compact notices, subpoenas and jury summonses; maintains court records; processes arrest warrants and release forms; deposits bail or bond monies; maintains accounting for all monies collected; and prepares and submits various reports and records, including teletypes, ledgers, incident reports, booking reports and court dockets
- High school diploma with at least two years of clerical court experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must have experience with the municipal court practices, procedures, rules and regulations; and the ability to utilize a computer, telephone, SLED terminal, tape recorder, court recorder and calculator
- Must possess a valid SC driver's license
How to apply: Submit resume to Town of Estill, Attn: Human Resource Office, PO Box 415, Estill, SC 29918.
Deadline: May 31