Public Relations Manager, Town of Fort Mill
Position Category: Public Information
- Serves as the public information officer and provides in-house expertise in the fields of public information and communications for all town departments
- Oversees the daily operations of the events and media department
- Develops, implements and manages the town's strategic communications program to enhance two-way communication between the town and its residents through printed publications as well as government access television and website; writes, designs and produces a variety of public information materials in print, electronic, audio and video formats; and develops and implements policies and procedures regarding public information and community involvement programs on issues affecting the organization
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, graphic design or related field with a minimum of three to five years of experience in managerial-level media relations, government relations and/or community relations or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge skills and abilities
- Must possess a valid SC driver's license
- Must attend and graduate from Leadership York County, sponsored by the regional chamber of commerce, to be scheduled within three years of hire date or as can be reasonably scheduled
Pay info: Dependent upon qualifications
How to apply: For a complete job description and application, visit www.fortmillsc.gov. Submit a completed application, resume and cover letter to Debbie Hardin, Human Resources, PO Box 159, Fort Mill, SC 29716.
Deadline: Open until filled
The Town of Fort Mill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.