Position hours: Full-time position, 24 hours on/48 hours off
- Performs firefighting work and prevents, combats and extinguishes fires to protect lives, property and the environment
- Operates firefighting equipment and tools appropriately; analyzes hazardous situations and takes appropriate action in a quick and effective manner; and participates in training, classes and drills
- Performs general maintenance work of fire equipment and facilities; operates firefighting apparatus and pump operations; and drives in emergent and nonemergent conditions
- High school diploma supplemented by training in fire service programs or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must have a valid, appropriately-classed driver's license and certification for International Fire Service Accreditation Congress/Pro Board firefighter I and II, ICS 100 and 200, emergency medical responder, emergency vehicle driver's training and pump operations, and must complete required coursework and maintain required certifications as issued by the SC Fire Academy
- Possess the ability to pass firefighter Occupational Safety and Health Administration physical; must be physically capable of performing all tasks; and must participate in physical training programs when off-duty
Pay info: $33,330 annually depending on education and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package including paid holidays, participation in the state public officer's retirement system, and state health plan with employees' basic health and dental insurance premiums paid by the town.
How to apply: For a complete job description, visit www.ridgelandsc.gov/job-opportunities. Submit resume to Chief Bradley Bonds by email at email@example.com or by mail to Town of Ridgeland Fire Department, Attn. Chief Bonds, PO Box 1119, Ridgeland, SC 29936.
The Town of Ridgeland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The town does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.