Chief Operator of Wastewater Treatment Plant, Town of Pendleton
Position Category: Utilities
Position hours: Full-time position, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Coordinates, supervises, maintains, repairs and rehabilitates the municipal wastewater treatment plant and ensures plant compliance with strict water quality standards as established by the State Department of Health and Environmental Control, town policies and procedures, and all other applicable laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety
- Supervises subordinate staff including instructing, assigning, reviewing and planning work; maintains standards; coordinates activities; assists with the selection of new employees; acts on employee problems; and recommends and implements employee discipline
- Coordinates and schedules training for operators on new and existing plant operations and safety procedures and coordinates all lab activities and requirements for the plant
- High school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by formal training, special courses or self-education that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in construction, utility maintenance or a closely related field
- Must be able to perform difficult technical work planning and supervising the operations of a wastewater treatment plant and have a minimum of four years of related utility work that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
- Must possess a class A biological wastewater operator certification
Pay info: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
How to apply: Applications are available online at www.townofpendleton.org. Resumes and applications must be submitted to the attention of Human Resources Department, 310 Greenville St., Pendleton, SC 29670, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Deadline: February 28
The Town of Pendleton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.